Organizing a Club
Steps to Organzing a New Pathfinder Club
1. Counsel with the Conference Youth Ministries personnel.
2. Meet with the Pastor and Conference Youth Ministries personnel.
3. Present your plans to the Church Board. Church Board autorizes the organization of the Pathfinder Club. Familiarize Board members with the Pathfinder
philosophy, aims, and objectives.
4. Second meeting of the Church Board (or Nominating Committee) with Conference Youth Ministries personnel or Pathfinder area coordinator present, to
elect Pathfinder director and deputies.
5. Inform congragation during Divine Service about Pathfinder Club, its objectives and program.
6. Pathfinder officers elect remaining Executive Committee members.
7. First meeting of Pathfinder Executive Committee to elect remaining Pathfinder staff as needed.
8. Pathfinder officers and staff attend Conference Pathfinder Basic Staff Training Course.
9. Call Pathfinder Executive Committee meeting to plan yearly program.
10. Present all plans at a Pathfinder Staff Meeting.
11. Advertise the program at least six weeks before opening night.
12. Write letters or personally contact the potential Pathfinder families.
13. Enrollment night – completion of Pathfinder Passport applications.
14. Home visitation by Pathfinder counselors.
15. Induction Ceremony – Pathfinder Passports given out.
16. Establishing church and community interest.